All-in-one API development platform used by over 1.5 million developers secures $1M seed funding from Nexus Venture Partners to launch new services
San Francisco, CA, May 28, 2015 — While the number of APIs has risen exponentially over the last couple years, working with them is not easy. Developing and using an API often takes months due to missing documentation, lack of working samples, and little to no testing. Today, with $1 million in seed financing by Nexus Venture Partners, Postman is launching Postman Sync, a real-time API collaboration platform to supercharge API development by as much as 10 times.
Postman Sync allows developers to document and test APIs in a shared real-time workspace. This is achieved through a workflow built around Postman’s meta-data format called Postman Collections. Changes made in a PostmanCollection are synced instantly across a team along with any tool chain used by the team. Postman Sync enables seamless collaboration while letting developers stay in complete control with automatic versioning and access control.
“Postman is a delightful tool for developers to test APIs and even showcase their recent dev work via post-sprint demos. It can also be a wonderful education tool that can elevate someone with curiosity and a willingness to tinker around to the point of being quite knowledgeable about the use, possibilities and limits of a particular set of REST APIs,” says Box Senior Sales Engineer, Rory Paap.
- Amazing developer experience: Postman Sync is built on a completely redesigned user interface, which will not only help developers become faster but also delight them.
- Shared API library: Postman Sync provides a searchable API library that solves the API discovery problem. Developers do not have to spend hours searching for documentation in code repositories or internal wikis.
- In-built collection browser: The Collection Browser combines API documentation and working samples. Developers can subscribe to collections that they depend upon and integrate them as part of their workflow quickly.
- API news feed: All changes made in a Postman Collection are automatically versioned. Teams stay updated throughout the development process using the API news feed. Postman Sync helps developers avoid breaking changes, or worse, costly bugs in production environments.
- Cloud backup: Postman Sync backs up your data and is available in any system that the developer logs into.
Postman understands the value of security. All communication with Postman servers occurs over SSL. Moreover, Postman can encrypt all sensitive data at the server level, while also providing the option to encrypt it at the client.
“We have been listening to our community of developers who are looking for a faster collaborative platform. We are answering that need, and with the support of our partners at Nexus, we are excited to launch a platform that will allow development teams of all verticals and sizes to collaborate seamlessly,” says Abhinav Asthana, Postman CEO.
Postman Sync’s pricing plans start at $49/month for a team of up to 10 developers. More pricing plans are available on request.
To sign up for the limited time exclusive public beta, head over to www.getpostman.com/beta.
Founded by ex-Adobe and Yahoo developers, Postman is a powerful API development and testing suite that has become a must-have for over 1.5 million developers worldwide. Postman aims to help developers build better-connected software faster. For more information, please visit: https://www.getpostman.com/